The course is divided into three sections. Each section consists mainly of narrated presentations in which we explain the EDM concepts in a way that’s easy to understand.
- Why does Europeana need EDM?
- What led to the creation of EDM?
- How does it relate to other metadata schemes?
- What are the main building blocks of EDM?
- What are the main classes of EDM?
- What should the main values in EDM look like?
- How do the values chosen in EDM affect what people see on Europeana Collections?
- What is the process for data transformation from MARC21 to EDM?
- How do you map MARC21 values to the relevant EDM fields?
- Case study: National Library of Serbia mapping experience
- Case study: National and University Library of Debrecen record's journey into Europeana Collections
We hope you enjoy this course and find it useful in your work!
Adina, Henning, Uldis, Pierre and Maike