Recommendations for the representation of hierarchical objects in Europeana
The motivation and the scope of the Task Force are defined in the Task Force charter.
Report: Recommendations for the representation of hierarchical objects in Europeana
"This deliverable illustrates the diversity of definitions concerning hierarchical entities. It also proposes solutions on how to represent these different cases by using the Europeana Data Model (EDM). This deliverable benefits all parties involved in the delivery of hierarchical object data in the Europeana context. This report may also benefit other (non-Europeana) aggregation initiatives."
Find the report and its annexes below. Details of the annexes:
- Annex 1 Available in the report
- Annexes 2 to 6 are not included in the report and can be accessed separately below.
- Annex 2 xml source data describing a situation where the semantic structure and the physical structure on the child level of the hierarchy are one to one(Figure 2 in the report)
- Annex 3 xml source data describing hierarchies in WebResources (Figure 12 in the report)
- Annex 4 xml source data describing sequential relationships between (Figure 21 in the report)
- Annex 5 Case studies:
- Hierarchical description of objects from libraries
- Hierarchical representation of event-related documents
- Hierarchical objects in audiovisual archives
- Hierarchical objects in the context of the HOPE project
- Hierarchies for archaeological objects
- Europeana 1914-1918
- The Montiano family archive
- Israeli artist files
- Hierarchies in archival descriptions