The project aimed to increase the amount of high-quality digital content for Europe’s rich heritage of archaeological monuments, historic buildings, cultural landscapes and artefacts that are accessible online through the Europeana Archaeology collection.
The project partners delivered more than 352,000 archaeological records from 28 data partners across Europe and Israel. 50% of the delivered content is of very high quality (Tier 3+) and almost 100% of the metadata is in Tier B+. From these records, 655 are new 3D high-quality records, which are available in Europeana.
Furthermore, the project developed a new enrichment pathway which focuses on improving the discoverability and multilinguality of Europeana archaeological content. The Europeana Archaeology Vocabulary Services tool allows enriching the metadata provided by organisations and aggregators to Europeana according to the Europeana Data Model.
Additionally, the project engaged the Europeana audiences by creating an online exhibition called ‘Uncovering hidden stories: an introduction to European Archaeology‘ and 28 editorial works.
For more information, visit the project website
This project was a Europeana Generic Services project and it was co-financed by the Connecting Europe Facility of the European Union.
- University of Vilnius Faculty of Communication - Lithuania (coordinator)
- Data Archiving and Networked Services (KNAW-DANS), The Netherlands
- Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico delle biblioteche italiane e per le informazioni bibliografiche (ICCU), Italy
- Koninklijke Musea voor Kunst en Geschiedenis (KMKG-MRAH), Belgium
- Alma Mater Studiorum - Università di Bologna (UNIBO), Italy
- Universidad de Jaén (UJA-IUIAI), Spain
- Athina - Erevnitiko Kentro Kainotomias Stis Technologies Tis Pliroforias Ton Epikoinonion Kai Tis Gnosis (ATHENA R.C.), Greece
- Technologiko Panepistimio Kyprou (CUT), Cyprus
- The Hunt Museum (HM), Ireland
- Institutul Naţional al Patrimoniului (INP), Romania
- Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz (SPK), Germany
- Lunida Ltd (Lunida), United Kingdom
- Musée d'Archéologie nationale Domaine national de Saint-Germain-en-Laye (MAN), France
- 2Culture Associates Ltd (2Culture), United Kingdom
- Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen Stiftung Oeffentlichen Rechts (UGOE), Germany
- Muzej za umjetnost i obrt (MUO), Croatia