Diversity and Inclusion Task Force
This Task Force will develop and manage a consultation on behalf of the Europeana Initiative to address Diversity and Inclusion across its operation. It is a joint Task Force from the Europeana Foundation, Europeana Network Association and Europeana Aggregators’ Forum.
The Europeana Initiative works towards a future that includes conversations on the topics of inclusion, diversity, social equity, accessibility and intersectionality. However, the Initiative does not have the understanding (data or knowledge) or expertise to develop an approach for ensuring it collectively enables diverse and inclusive actions throughout its operations. Diverse and inclusive actions refer to actions that are equal, intersectional, inclusive and diverse actions, and the activities and behaviours that facilitate this.
This Task Force will seek to manage the development of an approach through consultation with professionals and peers from across the cultural heritage sector. Where the Task Force does not have the expertise, it will connect with and learn from others. The Task Force will work with experts in the fields of social equity, intersectionality, diversity and inclusion to support its work.
The Task Force will be responsible for defining a scope for a consultation, supporting the consultation to gather data and feedback, and for analysing that data and developing recommendations in the form of a roadmap to the Europeana Initiative. It will provide the Europeana Initiative with recommendations and a roadmap that enable future planning for activities that contribute towards an intersectional, diverse and inclusive future, permeated by social equity.
The Task Force will deliver:
- A scope for stakeholder consultation
- A stakeholder consultation (run by external contractors, operated with support from Europeana Foundation staff)
- A preliminary two page report from the consultation observing its attendance, outcomes, principle topics of discussion
- A report presenting the research undertaken with recommendations and a roadmap for the Europeana Initiative to adopt
The Task Force will enable the Europeana Initiative to:
- Gain an improved understanding of the challenges, issues and opportunities in addressing social equity, intersectionality, inclusivity and diversity in its operations
- Evaluate the impact of activities that facilitate diversity and inclusion, such as improving the collection of diversity data through our activities, and further action the work of the Aggregators’ Forum exploring problematic data patterns.
- Identify ways to improve engagement with network members, data partners and stakeholders
- Establish a roadmap based on stakeholder input