PAGODE Technical Workshop
Originally a project event from PAGODE
Europeana China to be focused on dataset enrichment, due to the covid-crisis this event was expanded and transformed in an online gathering, to discuss and share knowledge on metadata curation, strategies for the use of vocabularies and thesauri, semantic enrichment by natural language processing and entity extraction methods, all with a strong focus on building capacity inside Cultural Heritage Institutions. With the participation of Europeana, a section will be specifically dedicated to the process of aggregation of data for publication in Europeana portal, also considering the requirements of the Europeana Publishing Framework.
PRESENTATIONS FROM THE SPEAKERS
- Kostas Kostantinidis, Postscriptum / Welcome and speakers’ presentations – PDF
- Henning Scholz, Partner & Operations Manager at Europeana Foundation / Deep impact – digital transformation with high quality data – PDF
- Maja Veselič, Dunja Zorman, Department of Asian Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana / The Use of Thesauri and Vocabularies in Chinese and China-related Cultural Heritage – PDF
- Valentina Bachi, Sofie Taes, Photoconsortium / “Scenes and People from China”: a crowdsourcing campaign to collect tags on heritage photography in Europeana – PDF
- Haris Georgiadis, Head of e-Services Unit, E-infrastructure and Information Systems Department, National Documentation Center (EKT) / Semantic Enrichment Strategy for SearchCulture.gr – PDF
- Vassilis Tzouvaras, Technical Consultant, PostScriptum / Semantic enrichment using natural language processing and entity extraction methods – PDF
- Orfeas Menis – Mastromichalakis, Researcher, Postscriptum / Automatic Enrichment tools – PDF
- Xiaoying Zhou, Digital Resources Integration Team at the National Library of China / Digital Resource Metadata Specification – PDF
- Liyu Fang, Senior Engineer at the Department of Digital Media, Palace Museum / The Management of the Digital Resources in the Palace Museum – PDF
For more information, please consult the website.