The Europeana Digital Service Infrastructure (DSI) showcases and provides online access to Europe’s cultural and scientific heritage.
Europeana DSI-4 is a continuation of the previous Europeana DSI projects (Europeana DSI, DSI-2, DSI-3). Europeana DSI-4 operates the Europeana core service platform from mid-2018 to mid-2020.
The Europeana DSI-4 consortium consists of Europeana Foundation as coordinator as well as 23 partners from ten different countries represented by aggregators and expert hubs, developers, experts and organisations with relevant distribution networks.
The consortium that operates the Europeana DSI creates access, interoperability, visibility and use of European cultural heritage in our target markets. The Europeana DSI manages data for use in education, research and creative industries as well as engaging European citizens by providing access to Europeana Collections and Europeana thematic collections.
Europeana DSI-4 will fulfil Europeana’s 2020 strategy and Business Plans as confirmed by the European Commission's Expert Group on Digital Cultural Heritage and Europeana (DCHE), European Commission and Europeana Network Association.
Partners involved in the project:
- Europeana Foundation, The Netherlands
- AIT Angewandte Informationstechnik Forschungsgesellschaft, Austria
- AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria
- Archives Portal Europe Foundation, The Netherlands
- Athena Research and Innovation Center in Information Communication and Knowledge Technologies, Greece
- The British Library, United Kingdom
- Connecting Archaeology and Architecture in Europe, Ireland
- CLARIN ERIC, The Netherlands
- Digitaal Erfgoed Nederland, The Netherlands
- Deutsches Filminstitut - DIF e.V., Germany
- Deutsche Nationalbibliothek, Germany
- Europeana Fashion International Association, Italy
- EUN Partnership AISBL, Belgium
- Euroclio European Association of History Educators, The Netherlands
- Facts & Files, Germany
- INESC-ID, Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores - Investigação e Desenvolvimento em Lisboa, Portugal
- Kennisland, The Netherlands
- Lovegrove, Belgium
- Michael Culture, Belgium
- Stichting Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid, The Netherlands
- National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- International Consortium for Photographic Heritage Photoconsortium, Italy
- Instytut Chemii Bioorganicznej Polskiej Akademii Nauk - Poznańskie Centrum Superkomputerowo-Sieciowe, Poland
- Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz, Germany