EU Heritage Tour
THE EUHeritageTOUR project aims at contributing to the differentiation of the European tourism offer by developing a Transnational Product focused on the UNESCO Cultural Heritage sites across Europe.
The EUHeritageTOUR main objectives and activities are the following:
- to strengthen the management skills of public and private stakeholders in charge of the promotion and conservation of European UNESCO cultural world heritage sites through an e-learning course, and the exchange of good practices (transnational approach; cross-border cooperation; creation of a network of skilled tourism stakeholders)
- to increase the competitiveness of SMEs active in the tourism and cultural sector by including them in the definition, promotion and offer of the tourism product (positive indirect impact on the community: jobs creation, increase in employability rates, innovative services, etc.)
- to facilitate and enhance public-private partnerships by fostering and preparing the transfer of good practices and providing a discussion forum focused on the management, conservation and promotion of cultural heritage sites (sharing of knowledge and improving competences)
- to involve additional Associated Partners to create a coherent and continuous route (multiplier effect, bridging the gap in the geographical coverage)
- to inspire, promote and build a Transnational “Integrated Tourism Product”, through proper cutting-edge technologies to achieve its proper “complexity”