Access to cultural heritage networks for Europeana
AthenaPlus is a CIP best practice network composed of 40 partners from 21 Member States. AthenaPlus builds on the successful experience developed by the previous ATHENA project.
AthenaPlus is in a strategic position to address this challenge, due to:
- its high institutional value (hundreds of European institutions are involved or associated with the project);
- the large amount of content made available to Europeana;
- the powerful services for institutions to be created by the project;
The principal objectives of the AthenaPlus project are to:
- contribute more than 3.6 millions metadata records to Europeana, focusing mainly on museums content;
- improve search, retrieval and re-use of Europeana's content, bettering multilingual terminology management, SKOS export and publication tool/API for Content Providers;
- experiment with enriched metadata their re-use adapted for users with different needs (tourists, schools, scholars) by means of tools that support the development of virtual exhibitions, tourist and didactic applications.