Meet the candidates looking to represent you
As you might remember, in September I invited all registered Network Association members to come forward as candidates for our Members Council. Today, I have the pleasure of introducing the 30 candidates who will be running in this year’s elections, each hoping to win one of seven available seats.
From the United States to the Scottish Highlands, Romania to Russia, the group represent a diverse mix of nationalities - and this diversity is reflected in their priorities too. Open Data, audiovisual archives, academic research, multiculturalism… There are plenty of areas these prospective Councillors are ready to get to work on. It’s a testament to the broad range of expertise in our Network.
[Charley] Paddock gagnant [la] finale [du] 100 m [des Jeux olympiques d'Anvers le 16/8/20] : [photographie de presse] / [Agence Rol], National Library of France, public domain
So, without further ado, the candidates looking to represent you are:
- Vladimir Alexiev - Ontotext Corp - Lead, Data and Ontology Management
- Domingo Arroyo-Fernández - Head of Library Projects Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport
- Stephan Bartholmei - German Digital Library - Head of Product Development and Innovation
- Emmanuelle Bermes - Bibliothèque nationale de France - Associate director for services and networks
- Charles Blair - University of Chicago Library - Director, Digital Library Development Center
- Erik Buelinckx - Scientific Assistant Royal Institute for Cultural Heritage (KIK-IRPA)
- Laura Carletti - University of Nottingham - Research Fellow
- Reyes Carrasco Garrido - Ministry Education, Culture and Sports - Head of Collections museums
- Myungdae Cho - Seoul National University - Professor
- Marco de Niet - Digital Heritage Netherlands - Director
- Nicolas de Potter - Network Europe Center - Cooperator
- Sara Di Giorgio - Central Institute for the Union Catalogue of Italian Libraries (ICCU) of the Italian Ministry of cultural heritage, activities and Tourism (MiBACT) - Technical Coordinator of CulturaItalia
- Ellen Euler - Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek - Deputy Manager of Finances, Law, and Communication
- Jose Maria Guerreiro - Infoseg S.A.
- George Homs - Memlinq - Founder
- Paul Jongsma - Webtic - CTO/owner
- Radka Kalcheva - Pencho Slaveykov' Regional Library (Public Library)/Varna - Head of IT Dept.
- Rimvydas Laužikas - Vilnius University Faculty of Communication - Professor
- Gordon McKenna - Collections Trust - Projects and Programmes Manager
- Jan Molendijk - Universiteit Utrecht, universiteitsbibliotheek - Manager Innovation and Development
- Carl-Niclas Odenbring - The Institute for language and folklore - CIO
- Tamer Osman - United Nations - Volunteer Translator
- Evaristo Pérez Morales - Instituto Andaluz de Enseñanzas Artísticas - Coordinator
- David Pond (Lachmish) - Muzeums - Founder and Managing Director
- Calin Rus - CEO Arnebis Digital Systems
- Elias Stouraitis - Ellinogermaniki Agogi - Researcher
- Hans van der Linden - Flemish Government. Dept. Youth Culture Media - Policy Advisor
- Alexander Visly - Russian State Library - Director General
- Marcin Werla - PSNC
- Dov Winer - Makash - In-house consultant
- Fatmiroshe Xhemalaj - AHTA "YOUTH AND HISTORY" - President
You can read more about each of them on our dedicated Candidate Profiles page.
They’ll be campaigning hard to win your support from now until the voting begins on 3 November at the Europeana Network Association AGM in Amsterdam (register now). While you’re deciding who to back in the ballots, you’ll be able to follow their campaigns via our Europeana LinkedIn group and by keeping an eye on the hashtag #EuropeanaElects.
Once voting opens at the AGM, you’ll be able to cast your vote online - you’ll have a week to select your preferred candidates.
Best of luck to all the candidates!