IPR presentations and videos
Use power point templates and video guides created collaboratively with Network members to help influence your organisation's decision makers and explain the importance of copyright when managing and sharing cultural content.
You can use the copyright presentations as templates for your own presentations about managing copyright in the Cultural Heritage sector. They have been developed to guide you through three commonly discussed topics. Each of the three presentations cover a different aspect of managing copyright in the Cultural Heritage sector: copyright and the digitisation of cultural heritage, creative commons tools & licenses and the Europeana Licensing Framework.
Using the presentations you will be able to share:
- Why it is important to understand the law in the context of working with Europeana and other digital platforms.
- The key principles of European copyright law and related rights.
- Why it is important to respect the rights of rights holders when you want to share cultural content online.
- How to correctly label digital objects under the Europeana Licensing Framework.
- Standards of best practice for labelling digital objects, such as Creative Commons.
Each topic is supported by a video and a presentation ready to use. The videos can be used to send to your colleagues in advance of a training session and also as a follow up method of learning and ongoing engagement. They can also be used independently to train your colleagues in specific areas of copyright in the context of digital strategies, collections management and working towards organisational goals including increasing public access and engagement of cultural content.
The presentations can be found as an attachment at the bottom of the page.
Copyright and digitisation of cultural heritage
Europeana Licensing Framework