When is the programme?
The deadline for applying to the residency was Friday 5 May 2023, 23:59 CEST . The residency will run from mid-May to mid-June, with the following dates:
- Welcome and brainstorm for all participants and all mentors: Tuesday 23 May, 2 - 4 CEST
- Format-specific session run by the relevant mentor and attended by the participants following the specific strand
- Animation - Thursday 1 June, 11 - 13 CEST
- Writing/creative writing - Wednesday 7 June, 10-12 CEST
- Social media - Thursday 8 June, 10-12 CEST
- One-to-one session for each participant with their mentor, to be arranged as appropriate within the period: Monday 5 June - Monday 19 June
- Review and celebration session for all participants and all mentors: Tuesday 20 June, 2 - 4 CEST
How will it run?
First, we’ll host a two-hour brainstorming session for all participants and mentors together. We’ll look at what content we can use, what stories we’d like to tell, and the formats available to us.
Next, each mentor will lead a two-hour session relating to their own area - writing/creative writing, animation, social media - with the participants who are interested in that area.
There will also be a chance for each participant to have a one-to-one short session with the mentor for their chosen format.
Throughout the residency, the mentors and the Digital Storytelling Festival team will be on hand to support participants.
At the end of the residency, we’ll all get together again to review our work and to celebrate our achievements before publishing the work the group has produced as part of Pride month.
Who are the mentors?