National Register for Digital Objects
Campo Grande, 83 Lisbon 1749-081 Portugal
The National Registry of Digital Objects - RNOD is an aggregator for Europeana, active since 2013. The main mission of RNOD is to collect bibliographic metadata from Portuguese providers, and to expose the datasets for Europeana ingestion, assuring the best quality of content and metadata, in order to comply with Europeana quality requirements. Another goal of RNOD is to provide centralized access to Portuguese digital cultural heritage collections. It currently serves 22 institutions contributing content. By 2018 it had published 114.000 records in Europeana.
In addition to data publication RNOD also offers:
- Data mapping and conversion;
- Data validation;
- Delivery of data;
- Technical workshops for CHI and general public.
Technical conditions for working with RNOD:
- Harvesting of data through OAI-PMH or import of ISO data files.
- Manual insertion of data is also possible.
- Data formats - UNIMARC or similar formats ingested in RNOD.
Limitations: Does not aggregate academic repositories data.
Financial conditions: None