National Library of Finland
Unioninkatu 36 15 Helsinki 00014 University of Helsinki Finland
The National Library of Finland acts as the national aggregator, providing Europeana with digital objects from Finnish institutions. The National Library of Finland maintains the Formula Aggregation Service for this purpose. The working languages of the aggregator are Finnish and Swedish.
In addition to data publication, the National Library of Finland also offers:
- Data mapping and conversion to EDM,
- Data storage for converted metadata (MongoDB),
- Advice on metadata,
- Technical support,
- Rights issues support,
- Providing information to participants regarding the guidelines, standards and recommendations of Europeana,
- Regular training on the basics of Formula aggregation service and Europeana.
Technical conditions for working with the National Library of Finland:
Using OAI-PMH protocol for harvesting metadata,
- Metadata can be provided in LIDO, EAD, MARC or Dublin Core.
Limitations: Only cultural heritage institutions under the auspices of the Ministry of Education and Culture can participate free of charge.
Financial conditions: None.