The aim of the MuseuMap aggregation service is to collect and provide online access to digital objects of Hungarian museums through a common search interface.
MuseuMap currently has published more than 300,000 records from 30 museums and has been a domain aggregator for Europeana since 2015.
In addition to data publication MuseuMap offers:
- Information on required descriptive and administrative data, including recommendation on sizes of digital images,
- Workshops and training sessions on topics such as digitization, creating virtual exhibitions, usage of digital contents in education,
- Data storage, conversion, mapping, enrichment,
- Methodology support,
- Sharing programs of partner institutes,
- Promotion of collections,
- All MuseuMap records have a persistent URL,
- All records are available in PDF, XML or LIDO format.
Technical conditions for working with MuseuMap:
- MuseuMap uses the LIDO harvesting schema and recommends partners to provide data via OAI-PMH.
- The digital objects have to be accessible online and be provided with a stable URL.
- The resolution of the images has to be at least 800 px (jpeg or tif), with a file size min. 70 kB.
Financial conditions: Paid service