Moteur Collections is a national and cross-domain aggregator providing access to more than 7 millions of documents with more than 5 millions of images. All databases and resources at the Ministry of Culture but also those of local authorities, associations or other volunteering establishments are indexed in this single access point. All artistic and cultural fields are covered: archeology, architecture, archives, African art, Native American art, oceanian art, performing arts, maps, postcards, dance, design, drawing, illuminations, ethnology, engraving, medicine, historical monuments, music, movable objects, overseas heritage, railway heritage, industrial heritage, maritime and fluvial heritage, digital heritage, painting, photography, sculpture, theater, travel ...
In addition to data publication Moteur Collections offers:
- Data analysis before conversion
- Assistance with mapping of native xml,
- Technical development for feeding the OAI repositories,
- Regular training for participants of Moteur Collections regarding the process of data integration,
- Focus on a special theme each month,
- Monthly newsletter with updates and focus on data providers,
- API: "Collections sur mesure" widget can be integrated on any website for specific access to the content of Moteur Collections.
Technical conditions for working with Moteur Collections:
- Import of data and harvest via OAI-PMH in CSV or XML, from 2018 on criteria are aligned with the Europeana publishing framework
Limitations: Only public institutions, national databases and local aggregators expressing their will to be visible on Europeana. Signature of an agreement and approval from the Moteur Collections advisory committee.
Financial conditions: None