LT-Aggregator Service National Library of Lithuania
Gedimino ave. 51 Vilnius 01504 Lithuania
LT-Aggregator Service National Library of Lithuania is the national aggregator for Europeana from Lithuania. It gives access to over 99,500 digital objects from more than 50 cultural heritage institutions of the country not only through Europeana, but also through its own portal epaveldas.lt. Collections made available to Europeana include manuscripts reflecting a wide historical, political, social and economical panorama of Lithuania in the 16th-19th century, as well as musical works digitised from old shellac records and museum heritage objects ranging from folk art and applied art to objects held by the Lithuanian Theatre, Music and Cinema Museum.
In addition to data publication LT-Aggregator Service National Library of Lithuania offers:
- Advice on digitisation of analogue collections,
- Advice on the usage of the digital object labelling tool "cc.lnb.lt" based on creative commons licenses,
- Recommendations on the quality of digital objects for online publication,
- Training and workshops on digitisation and data contribution,
- Validation of data before publication on Europeana and epaveldas.lt.
Technical conditions for working with LT-Aggregator Service National Library of Lithuania:
- Accepted data formats: METS/MODS, EAD, MARC, Dublin Core, ESE, EDM.
- The digital objects have to be accessible online and be provided with a stable URL.
- In the case of images, the resolution has to be at least 800 x 600 px (jpeg or png).
Limitations: The selection of the objects is regulated by copyright and personal data protection laws of the European Union and the Republic of Lithuania. Mostly public Cultural Heritage Institutions
Financial conditions: None