The aim of Latvian National E-content Aggregator is digitising cultural-heritage content with historical value and making it available online.
In addition to data publication Latvian National E-content Aggregator also offers:
- Assistance with data storage,
- Data conversion,
- Data enrichment,
- Data curation,
- Mapping to controlled vocabularies,
- Helpdesk by email and phone.
Technical conditions for working with Latvian National E-content Aggregator:
- Harvesting of data through OAI-PMH,
- Accepting metadata in any structured format, including XML, Excel, etc.
Limitations: Only public cultural heritage institutions can participate, their participation is subject of approval by content evaluation working group. Digitised material should preferably be without copyright restrictions. If copyright restrictions apply, data providers are asked to evaluate them on their own, without the assistance of the aggregator.
Financial conditions: None.