The National Documentation Center (EKT) is the national aggregator for Greek cultural heritage via its portal SearchCulture.gr. The digital resources accessible via SearchCulture.gr include digital representations of archaeological and ethnological material, historical documents and manuscripts, works of art, maps, books and intangible heritage resources. The digital files are mainly photographs and other images, pdfs, 3D digital representations and audiovisual material.
So far, SearchCulture.gr hosts more than 500,000 items from 73 collections contributed by 59 institutions that include museums, archives, ephorates of antiquities, municipalities and cultural foundations. SearchCulture.gr has contributed 35 collections (more than 150,000 items) to Europeana.
In addition to data publication SearchCulture.gr also offers:
- Guidelines and validation tools for data quality and interoperability standards (metadata formats, harvesting protocols, persistent identifiers)
- Advice on use of open licences
- Semantic enrichment currently for types, historical periods and subjects, using EKT vocabularies that are linked to Getty AAT, DBpedia and UNESCO thesaurus
- Publication as Linked Data and via API
- Secure back-up storage for metadata and digital files for selected providers
- Dissemination, promotion and outreach
- Training and remote support
Technical conditions for working with SearchCulture.gr:
- Metadata can be harvested through OAI-PMH in seven alternative formats: EDM, ESE, OAI-DC, DC-DS-XML, Qualified DC (QDC), HEAL and MODS
Financial conditions: None