Gallica is the digital library of the Bibliothèque nationale de France (BnF) and the national aggregator for collections held in French cultural heritage institutions. The available collections consist of printed materials (books, journals, newspapers, printed music, and other documents), graphic materials (engravings, maps, photographs, and others), and sound recordings. Gallica makes it possible to find sources that are rare, unusual, out-of-print, or difficult, if not impossible, to access.
In addition to data publication Gallica offers:
- Guidance on data formatting and conversion,
- Instructions on Europeana requirements,
- Good practices of data publication and digitisation,
- Gallica Vanilla, an infrastructure that allows data providers to create their own digital libraries,
- Digital preservation,
- Regular training sessions, also on demand,
- Promotion of contents through Gallica Facebook, Gallica Twitter, Gallica Pinterest, Gallica Instagram, Gallica Blog, BnF Hackathons.
Technical conditions for working with Gallica:
- Comply with BnF Interoperability OAI-PMH Guide (enhanced with mandatory data elements for Europeana)
Financial conditions: None