The European Fashion Heritage Association has been established in 2014, following a successful project co-funded by the European Commission, in which for the first time both public and private archives and museums across Europe gathered together to share online their rich heritage of historical clothing and accessories, contemporary designs, catwalk photographs, drawings, sketches, magazines, catalogues and videos.
The European Fashion Heritage Association is an accredited aggregator for Europeana, active since 2012. It serves 40 institutions contributing content. In 2018 it has published 870.000 records in Europeana.
In addition to data publication the European Fashion Heritage Association also supports its providers with:
- Metadata production, mapping, and uploading,
- Mapping of local concepts to Europeana Fashion thesaurus concepts,
- Production and uploading of digital content,
- Assigning the appropriate licence to the content,
- Curation of the fashion thematic collection (including galleries, virtual exhibitions),
- Regular publication of blog posts and a bi-weekly newsletter that highlights the aggregated content,
- Monthly publication of a Tumblr blog showcasing partners' collections,
- Daily publication of content on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest).
And facilitates workshops on:
- Metadata enrichment and data quality,
- Co-creation and exploitation of digital content.
Technical conditions for working with European Fashion Heritage Association:
- OAI PMH or HTTP upload of metadata in XML or CSV format,
- If needed we provide an XLS template to fill in.
Limitations: Collection to be evaluated prior to ingestion by the aggregator Scientific Committee
Financial conditions: Participation and publication of content are free. Paying members receive extra support and promotion on the aggregator's channels and free access to training and networking events.