Federacja Bibliotek Cyfrowych (FBC) is the only national cross-domain aggregator in Poland. It currently works with over 130 Polish data providers that give FBC automated access to their data via mechanisms like OAI-PMH. Data of 49 FBC data providers are also delivered to Europeana. Providers are digital libraries, digital museums, institutional repositories. The majority of providers are regional digital libraries, which are hosting data for several institutions from their region. FBC is one of the largest aggregators for Europeana, currently providing more than 2.1 million records to Europeana from hundreds of individual institutions.
In addition to data publication, Federacja Bibliotek Cyfrowych also offers its providers:
- Answers to questions related to the participation in Europeana, both on technical and non-technical level, related to data itself, but also on organisational and legal aspects,
- Information materials on the aggregator website.
- Data conversion (from CSV to XML), mapping to EDM, basic enrichments and preview generation.
- Data made searchable via Solr API
Technical conditions for working with Federacja Bibliotek Cyfrowych:
- Strongly recommended: properly implemented OAI-PMH interface.
- Minimum requirement: CSV file
- Metadata mapping to EDM is done on the aggregator level in cooperation with content provider.
Limitations: Content providers must be a legal entity (public, NGO, commercial company).
Financial conditions: None