viale Castro Pretorio, 105 Roma 185 Italy
CulturaItalia is the national aggregator for Italian cultural heritage, managed by the Central Institute for the Union Catalogue of Italian Libraries and Bibliographic Information (ICCU) of the Italian Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities, giving access to over 3.4 million digital objects from more than 600 Italian cultural heritage institutions that make up the country's vast cultural spectrum.
CulturaItalia is an accredited aggregator for Europeana, active since 2008. The portal is interoperabile with thematic, domain and regional portals.
In addition to data publication CulturaItalia offers:
- Advice on the use of Europeana rights statements, Creative Commons Licences and IPR
- Advice on the Europeana Publishing Framework
- Data analysis and mapping
- Data storage for museums
- Data enrichment and data conversion to EDM
- OAI-PMH software customised to CulturaItalia format
- Online documentation and training corse
- Section devoted to Linked Open Data (dati.culturaitalia.it)
Technical conditions for working with CulturaItalia:
- Metadata harvesting via OAI-PMH protocol and data upload in CSV format
- ICCU strongly encourages data providers to deliver their data in CulturaItalia format
- Digital media (images, text, video) must be published online and made available via a direct link
- The rights to the content must be cleared and all content clearly rights labeled
- For more detailed information, please refer to the CulturaItalia's section 'Aderisci al portale'.
Financial conditions: None
ICCU encourages its data providers to become members of the Europeana Network.