Slovakiana shares and promotes Slovak cultural heritage to enthusiasts, professionals, teachers, students, and researchers. It gives access to almost 800,000 digitised objects and census sheets from museums, libraries, galleries, monuments, archives and other stakeholders, since it has been launched in 2015. High-definition images can be enlarged and examined in detail, which enables visitors to view remarkable pieces of natural heritage or fine art collection.
Slovakiana is unique in bringing together in one place more than 150 Slovak cultural heritage institutions and stakeholders. It displays cultural heritage items from all around Slovakia, networked and digitised by Slovak National Gallery, Slovak National Library, Slovak Film Institute, Monuments Board of the Slovak Republic, Little Carpathian Cultural and Educational Centre in Modra, State Scientific Library in Prešov, Slovak Folk and Art Collective and National Centre for Culture and Further Education which is also the operator of Slovakiana.
In addition to data publication, Slovakiana also supports its providers with:
- Advice on metadata quality requirements
- Advice on quality requirements for digital objects
- Advice on licensing and copyright
- Metadata conversion
- Assistance with data mapping
- Validation of data
- Monitoring of harvest status, as well as statistics, actualization, etc.
Technical conditions for working with Slovakiana:
- Must be harvested to Slovakiana as Submission Information Package - SIP (xml, MD5, digital object - photo, video, 3D, sound)
- Online and offline harvesting (via OAI-PMH or storage discs)
Financial conditions: None