FRAME Mentoring call for applications
Since 2010, INA (the French National Audiovisual Institute) has organised the yearly FRAME training programme, with the support of EBU Academy, FIAT/IFTA, and the Creative Europe MEDIA programme. The 2024 edition of FRAME starts with the opening of the FRAME Mentoring call for applications, open until 17 March.
The programme is addressed to all junior professionals (around max. five years of experience at the same or similar position) working in the audiovisual field. It aims at supporting them in their career path development and at implementing one of his/her project. Two applicants will be selected.
The mentoring programme includes:
- Monthly online exchanges with your mentor and other relevant experts, from June to December 2024
- A professional immersion for two weeks at INA or in the mentor’s organisation, during the autumn 2024
- An accreditation to the next FIAT/IFTA World Conference, which will be organised in Romania in October 2024, which will offer you an overview of the latest trends in audiovisual archives and an opportunity to develop your network.
All expenses (flights, hotels, lunches) are 100% covered by the programme scholarship.
FRAME Mentoring is primarily addressed to professionals involved in a project ongoing or to be launched soon. The mentee’s project could deal with (non-exhaustive list):
- Design and implementation of an archiving workflow
- Collect of audiovisual archives
- Preservation of audiovisual archives physical carriers
- Digitisation plan
- Audiovisual and film restauration
- Digital archive management
- Management, notably of an audiovisual archives department
- Definition of data models and Management of audiovisual database
- IA applied to audiovisual archives
- Rights management
- Research and academic access and projects using audiovisual archives and data
- Educative access and projects using audiovisual archives
- Cultural access projects using audiovisual archives
- Editorialisation and audiovisual archives to produce information
- Production of audiovisual contents based on archives (film, documentary, digital and innovative contents)
- Post-disaster handling of collections