Europe Day webinar: Digital cultural heritage, Cyprus and Malta
To commemorate this year’s Europe Day organised on the 9th of May a webinar dedicated to digital cultural heritage is being organised. This webinar brings together two of the smallest island nations of the EU – Malta and Cyprus.
These are the only EU members physically cut off from the main continent with thousands of years of rich history and unique UNESCO listed world heritage sites. Both Mediterranean islands have a lot in common, they are both committed to preserve and valorize their cultural heritage. The will present in this event outstanding and unique case studies from their national digitisation programs and beyond.
Some of the topics being covered in this webinar include:
- the contribution of digitisation in the preservation, interpretation and valorization of cultural heritage.
- the achievements in cultural heritage digitisation in each of these two nations.
- the current challenges being faced by cultural Heritage due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- ways in which cultural heritage can push a regeneration of the tourism sector.
- the way forward in terms of harnessing the digital potential in cultural heritage and collaboration on an EU level.
Speakers from the European Commission, EC representation in Cyprus, European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST), Ministry of Education and Culture of Cyprus and the Ministry of Culture Malta, Heritage Malta, the Cyprus University of Technology, the University of Malta, a Maltese member of the European Parliament will actively participate in this webinar. A number of case studies and current research projects will be presented, which will take a very practical approach to the current and future challenges in cultural heritage.