MUSEU is an accredited aggregator of Europeana and the reference point for European museums and other cultural institutions hosting museum collections in the field of digital cultural heritage and aggregation for Europeana. Over the years, it has provided Europeana with access to over 5.5 million records from around 350 museums from across Europe. MUSEU is run by experts working for the MICHAEL Culture Association, and it benefits from a big network of experts in digital cultural heritage. It has established a network of National Contact Points who where appointed in past projects to function as mediators between MUSEU and contributing local institutions.
Museums interested in joining MUSEU are invited to contact the MUSEU team in English, Italian or French.
In addition to data publication, MUSEU offers:
- Advice on the overall workflow of aggregation towards Europeana, including the Europeana Publishing Framework, data modelling, mapping, terminoligies and questions of multilingualism,
- Advice on digitisation standards,
- Advice on IPR and reuse,
- Content analysis,
- Data mapping and enrichment,
- Regular collective training as well as individual training on demand,
- Virtual exhibtions and story-telling tools.
Technical conditions for working with MUSEU:
- MUSEU implements the LIDO schema for data modelling in order to maintain the richness of museum records.
- The MINT mapping tool assures the crosswalk to EDM and transforms the records for the Europeana harvesting.
Financial conditions: None