EUR 2,800 - 3,700
Position type: Full time
Location: The Netherlands or France / Italy / United Kingdom / Belgium
About the Europeana Foundation
Europeana Foundation is an independent, non-profit organisation that operates the Europeana platform and contributes to other digital initiatives that put cultural heritage to good use in the world. Our work makes it easier for people to use cultural heritage for education, research and for fun, which helps to develop an open, knowledgeable and creative society
With staff based in five countries, our international team operates in a hybrid working culture. Our team based in the Netherlands has the flexibility to come to work at our office or to work remotely. Our main office is based in the National Library of the Netherlands, next to The Hague Central Station.
Our teams based in France, Italy, the United Kingdom and Belgium work fully remotely from there.
You can work for us if you have a valid working permit to work in one of these five countries.
The Visual/Web Designer is responsible for coordinating and producing designs for various media (web and print), ensuring that all work meets the overall organisational brand standards and creative objectives. The role will work within an agile team collaborating with a Product Designer and Developers to create a unique visual experience for Europeana.eu. This application provides web-based access to cultural heritage materials collected from thousands of European museums, galleries, libraries, and archives. The Visual/Web Designer will also support other teams with their design needs.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to meet the design objective
- Produce effective, high-quality designs that strengthen the Europeana brand
- Support colleagues with their design needs by advising them on best practices and esthetics
- Maintain and further develop the brand guidelines ensuring they are up-to-date and fully rounded
Knowledge and Experience required
- A recognised university degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Visual/Web Designer
- Excellent working knowledge of CSS / HTML / JS
- Practical experience in web design using Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma and Adobe XD
- Ability to communicate design principles, concepts and ideas
- Understanding of usability and accessibility principles
- Practical experience with responsive web and mobile app design
- Experience working with a visual style guide
- Good written and spoken English
Salary and benefits
- A monthly salary between EUR 2,800 - 3,700 (based on full-time employment), depending on the level of your experience
- A holiday allowance of 8% and a thirteenth-month bonus
- A full-time fixed-term contract for 12 months, with the possibility of an extension
- 42 days of holiday per year (based on full-time employment)
- A pension scheme will be based on the country where you are operating from, if applicable
- An inspiring work environment and an international organisational culture
- A hybrid working model with the flexibility to work at the office or remotely (for staff based in The Netherlands)
- We provide a company laptop and offer a WFH allowance to compensate monthly the costs while working from home
- Commuting costs compensation for people based in the Netherlands
- For staff based in France, Italy, the United Kingdom or Belgium: incidental travels to the Netherlands will be reimbursed (once or twice a year)
How to apply
- The position is open until filled
- You must have a valid working permit to work in the Netherlands, France, Italy, the United Kingdom or Belgium
- If you are interested in this position, please send your Curriculum Vitae plus motivation letter, both in English to email@example.com
Europeana Foundation is committed to principles of diversity, inclusivity, nondiscriminatory practice and equal opportunity for all applicants.