EUR 2,800 - 4,400
Position type: Full time
Location: The Hague, The Netherlands
will help us build and maintain Europeana’s user-facing web applications. These applications provide end-users with web-based access to cultural heritage materials that are collected from thousands of European museums, galleries, libraries, and archives. The role requires working within an agile team with other developers and co-operating with other specialists, including user experience, API, platform, and data ingest experts.
- Perform code reviews and follow the development processes.
- Ensure a high-quality implementation of the design and interaction provided by the UX team.
Knowledge and Experience required
- REST Web services
- HTTP protocol
- Vue.js, Nuxt.js and Node.js
- Automated testing, including unit, feature & system
- Jenkins, Travis, Git
- CSS Preprocessors (such as SCSS)
- Frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Ability to work in Agile/Scrum teams
- Ability to work accurately and carefully for long periods, with an eye for detail, and focused on the avoidance of errors
- Ability to function effectively in case of a setback, resistance or pressure
- Good written and spoken English with an ability to express complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
Further, it is a plus if you have knowledge of
- Search engines (e.g. Apache Solr)
- NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, Neo4j)
- Cloud & containerisation technologies (e.g. Cloud Foundry, Docker, Kubernetes)
Salary and benefits
- Your monthly salary will be between EUR 2,800 - 4,400 (based on full-time employment), depending on the level of your experience.
- Additionally, you will receive a (pro-rated) holiday allowance of 8% and an annual (year-end, pro-rated) bonus of 8.33%.
- 1 year fixed term contract with possibility of extension depending on funding availability.
- We offer 42.25loper days holiday per year (based on full-time employment).
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send to email@example.com:
- your Curriculum Vitae plus motivation letter, both in English,
- a link to your code in Github.
Please note that:
- you must have a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands
- recruitment agency calls are not appreciated