EUR 2,800 - 4,400
Location: The Hague, The Netherlands
Full-time or part-time (0,5 - 1,0 FTE)
will help us build and maintain Europeana’s user-facing web applications. These applications provide end-users with web-based access to cultural heritage materials that are collected from thousands of European museums, galleries, libraries, and archives. The role requires working within an agile team with other developers and co-operating with other specialists, including user experience, API, platform, and data ingestion experts.
- Perform code reviews and follow the development processes.
- Ensure a high-quality implementation of the design and interaction provided by the UX team.
Knowledge and Experience required
- REST Web services
- HTTP protocol
- Vue.js, Nuxt.js and Node.js
- Automated testing, including unit, feature & system
- Jenkins, Travis, Git
- CSS Preprocessors (such as SCSS)
- Frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Ability to work in Agile/Scrum teams
- Ability to work accurately and carefully for long periods, with an eye for detail, and focused on the avoidance of errors
- Ability to function effectively in case of a setback, resistance or pressure
- Good written and spoken English with an ability to express complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
Further, it is a plus if you have knowledge of
- Search engines (e.g. Apache Solr)
- NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, Neo4j)
- Cloud & containerisation technologies (e.g. Cloud Foundry, Docker, Kubernetes)
Salary and benefits
- Your monthly salary will be between EUR 2,800 - 4,400 (based on full-time employment), depending on the level of your experience.
- Additionally, you will receive a (pro-rated) holiday allowance of 8% and an annual (year-end, pro-rated) bonus of 8.33%.
- 6 months (full-time employment) or 12 months (0,5 FTE, part-time employment) fixed term contract with possibility of extension depending on funding availability.
- We offer 42.25 days of holiday per year (based on full-time employment).
- We offer an inspiring work environment and an international company culture
- We provide a company laptop and offer a WFH allowance to compensate monthly the costs while working from home and not being able to work from the office. (Covid-19 / exceptional circumstances)
How to apply
- The position is open until filled
- You must have a valid working permit to work in the Netherlands
- If you are interested in this position, please send your Curriculum Vitae plus motivation letter, both in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recruitment agency calls are not appreciated
The Europeana Foundation is committed to principles of diversity, inclusivity, nondiscriminatory practice and equal opportunity for all applicants.