LIBER 2020 Annual Conference
UPDATE: Online Conference
LIBER’s Annual Conference has been running for nearly 50 years, and will continue to do so despite covid-19. This year we’re a virtual event.
In the week of 22 June, Liber warmly welcomes you to join the online sessions and workshops free of charge. Details of each session can be found in the Programme overview below. They tried to avoid scheduling overlaps but inevitably some sessions do run at the same time. Want to attend both? Don’t worry! All sessions will be recorded and openly shared so you can always watch the replay, even if you can’t attend live.
- Monday, 22nd June – Opening Address- Reflections on the impact of Covid-19 on Open Science; Session #1 – Cultural Change; Panel Session – From Frenemies to Trusted Partners (collaboration between libraries and publishers, and new OA business models)
- Tuesday, 23rd June – Workshops! Topics include SSHOC train-the-trainer bootcamp, citizen science, transformative agreements, FAIR Data, Linked Open Data, Hot RDM Topics, and Libraries for Teaching and Learning.
- Wednesday, 24th June – Session #2 – Opening Up Knowledge; Keynote from Dr. Christine Koontz; Panel Session – Building Trust in Research Libraries Through Open Science; Session #3 – Securing and Building Trust; Session #4 – Crowd Powered Collaborations.
- Thursday, 25th June– Session #5 – Open Access Insights; Session #6 – Libraries as Open Innovators & Leaders; Meeting of Participants.
- Friday, 26th June – Session #7 – Super-Charging Your RDM Impact; Session #8 – Tools for Transparency & Open Access; Session #9 – Data Visualisation & Metrics.
For more information, please consult the website.