Linked Heritage had 3 main objectives:
- to contribute large quantities of new content to Europeana, from both the public and private sectors;
- to demonstrate enhancement of quality of content, in terms of metadata richness, re-use potential and uniqueness;
- to enable improved search, retrieval and use of Europeana content.
Linked Heritage has facilitated and delivered large-scale, long-term enhancement of Europeana and its services. The project has addressed the problems associated with:
- Non-standard descriptive terminologies
- The lack of private sector and 20th century content
- The preservation of complex metadata models within the Europeana metadata schema.
The consortium includes representatives of all the key stakeholder groups from 20 EU countries, together with Israel and Russia. These include ministries and responsible government agencies, content providers and aggregators, leading research centres, publishers and SMEs. The Europeana Foundation was involved as subcontractor.
Several partners participated in related Europeana ecosystem projects; this guarantees alignment with Europeana's evolution. In addition, organisations which have not in the past been involved contributed for the first time to Europeana. Three million new items were delivered to Europeana, covering a wide spectrum of types of cultural content.
Files in: /
- D1.1.1 Working Groups terms of Reference.pdf 989 kB 02/24/15
- D1.1.2 Future Planning Report.pdf 714.22 kB 02/24/15
- D2.1 Best practice report on cultural heritage linked data and metadata.pdf 991.94 kB 02/24/15
- D2.2 State of the art report on persistent identifier standards.pdf 1.07 MB 02/24/15
- D3.1 Best practice report - Terminology.pdf 3.37 MB 02/24/15
- D4.1 Best practice report - Public Private Partnership.pdf 3.09 MB 02/24/15
- D4.2 Specification of the technologies chosen.pdf 3.93 MB 02/24/15
- D5.1 Linked Heritage Technology Platform.pdf 444.82 kB 02/24/15
- D5.2 Documented APIs.pdf 762.97 kB 02/24/15
- D5.3 Metadata gateway.pdf 726.22 kB 02/24/15
- Linked Heritage Description of Work.pdf 1.67 MB 02/24/15
- Linked Heritage Factsheet.pdf 97.18 kB 02/24/15
- Linked Heritage logo.jpg 5.86 kB 02/24/15