A kick-off event for stakeholders and press at the Koninklijke Bibliotheek on March 12, 2014 will announce upcoming Europeana family history roadshows for the public and see the start of First World World commemoration activity in the Netherlands
Europeana, the platform for European digital culture, invites the Finns to explore the culture of the new internet age and make use of open access European cultural heritage.
What do Chanel’s interlocking Cs, Louboutin’s red sole and David Bowie’s stage costumes have in common? The answer is they are all protected by intellectual property rights (IPR).
The Deputy Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and Media, Günter Winands, today launched Europeana 1914-1918, an online resource that opens up hidden stories of the First World War and shows the tragedy that shaped Europe from different sides of the conflict.
Europeana, Europe's digital library, museum and archive, has launched the second version of its free app.
Welcome to Europeana Professional, where librarians, curators and archivists share digital expertise.
Who We Are
The Europeana Foundation is the operator of the Europeana service, including the search portal at Europeana.eu and related data services such as the Europeana Application Programming Interface (API) and the Linked Open Data pilot. The Foundation is governed by an Executive Committee and Board, and employs full-time and part-time staff.
The Europeana Network is an open, expert forum comprising content holders and aggregators along with providers of technical, legal and strategic knowledge.
What We Do
- Aggregate – We are building the open, trusted source for European cultural content
- Facilitate – We support the cultural heritage sector through knowledge transfer, innovation and advocacy
- Distribute – We make heritage available to people wherever they are, whenever they want it
- Engage – We cultivate new ways for people to participate in their cultural heritage
- Europeana Professional is the common website for Europeana projects, reaching cultural heritage professionals and technologists. It is the official source for technical information, metadata standards and case studies, and also brings together all project work.
- The Europeana portal is our search engine for the digitised collections of museums, libraries, archives and galleries across Europe.
- Our Virtual Exhibitions feature highlights from our collection.
- The Europeana 1914-1918 project brings together community-contributed content from the time of World War One.