With the support of FIAT/IFTA, the European Broadcasting Union and the Europeana Foundation, the EUscreen Best Practice Network provided access to a highly interoperable digitised collection of television material.
Although content is now being digitised and some of it is available online, access to audiovisual archives, television in particular, remains fractured and scattered. This is due to the lack of interoperability, the non-existence of proven scenarios for the use of audiovisual material, the complexity of rights issues and the lack of contextual information.
EUscreen tackled these problems by building a network of content providers, standardisation bodies, television research partners and specific user groups by providing multilingual and multicultural access to television heritage. EUscreen developed long-term solutions to rights issues and supported user-led demand and interest for services and content, including the development of use-case scenarios for different contexts (research, learning, leisure and creative reuse). The project also provided contextual information for the available resources.
EUscreen was a three-year project that began in October 2009. The consortium was comprised of 27 partners from 19 EU member states (plus Switzerland) and 11 associate partners.
Files in: /
- D1.2.1 Progress Report & Market Survey.pdf 311.52 kB 02/19/15
- D3.1 Content Selection and Metadata handbook.pdf 271.01 kB 02/19/15
- D4.5 – The Interoperability Guidelines.pdf 687.86 kB 02/19/15
- EUscreen D1.3.1 AnnualPublicReport2010.pdf 1.27 MB 02/19/15
- EUscreen D1.3.2 AnnualPublicReport2011.pdf 1.06 MB 02/19/15
- EUscreen D4.1 FunctionalSpecificationsandPortalArchitecture.pdf 1.59 MB 02/19/15
- EUscreen D4.2 TranslationofEUscreenMetadataonSemanticWebLanguage.pdf 842.37 kB 02/19/15
- EUscreen D4.8_ReportOnSemanticInteroperabilityWithEuropeana.pdf 816.4 kB 02/19/15
- EUscreen D7.1 MultimediaProjectPresentation.pdf 491.09 kB 02/19/15
- EUscreen D7.6.1 OnlineAccesstoAudiovisualHeritageStatusReport.pdf 1.17 MB 02/19/15
- EUscreen D7.6.2 OnlineAccesstoAudiovisualHeritageStatusReport.pdf 996.31 kB 02/19/15