EuropeanaConnect delivered technical key components for an improved and user-friendly Europeana of the future. It has made Europeana more multilingual by giving users the possibility to search in more than one language and to have texts automatically translated.
EuropeanaConnect worked on the integration of semantic search options and, therefore, the project has significantly improved and deepened the possibility for end-users to discover the online holdings of European museums, archives, libraries and audiovisual institutions. Europeana is able to automatically find and suggest materials that are related to a particular object a user just found. This is done by answering "What person, place, time period or event is related to the object the user is looking at now?" Furthermore, the project has opened new ways of discovering cultural heritage in Europeana by offering users the possibility to browse and search in time and space. It has also made Europeana accessible from your mobile phone or PDA.
EuropeanaConnect streamlined the transfer of digitised cultural objects from museums, archives, libraries and audiovisual institutions across Europe to the Europeana headquarters in the Netherlands. It also took major steps to tackle copyright-related problems that prevented European cultural heritage from being discovered, used and re-used by users worldwide.
Finally, EuropeanaConnect added around 290,000 audio tracks from more than 500 European archives to Europeana.
Files in: /
- ECONNECT-D1.1.1-Semantic Data Layer first prototype.pdf 378.21 kB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D1.1.2-Semantic data layer first operational version.pdf 516.66 kB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D1.3.1-Semantic Workflow Automation Method Implementation.pdf 765.1 kB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D1.5.1-Tests & evaluation of semantically based functionality.pdf 492.31 kB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D2.1.1-User Preferences and Information Retrieval Scenarios.pdf 11.63 MB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D2.2.1-Language Resources Repository.pdf 404.82 kB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D2.3.1-Multilingual mapping of schemes and vocabularies.pdf 879.06 kB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D2.4.1-Modules for partial query translation.pdf 324.44 kB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D2.7.1-Facilitation & exchange of multilingual access strategy.pdf 1.65 MB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D3.1.3-Europeana Log Analysis Report.pdf 7.71 MB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D3.2.3-Recommendations for Conducting User Tests.pdf 2.82 MB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D3.3.3-Spatio Temporal Interface Prototype.pdf 2.02 MB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D3.4.1-Catalogue of User Requirements.pdf 548.11 kB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D3.4.2-Middleware and web server for accessing Europeana.pdf 2.04 MB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D3.4.3-Rich mobile client for accessing Europeana.pdf 1.42 MB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D3.4.4-User Evaluation of Mobile Interfaces.pdf 3.66 MB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D4.1.1-Public Consultation Draft of Europeana Licensing Framework.pdf 197.79 kB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D4.2.1-Licence Selection Tool.pdf 317.74 kB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D4.4.1-Europeana Licensing Framework.pdf 212.97 kB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D4.4.2-Public Domain Helper Tool.pdf 226.44 kB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D5.1.1-The Europeana Metadata Registry.pdf 1.08 MB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D5.2.1-The Europeana Service Registry.pdf 102.81 kB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D5.3.1-Europeana OAI-PMH Infrastructure Appendix.pdf 4.5 MB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D5.3.1-Europeana OAI-PMH Infrastructure.pdf 1.51 MB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D5.4.1-Europeana Resolution Service.pdf 763.44 kB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D5.5.1-Europeana Geoparser and Gazetteer.pdf 1.54 MB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D5.6.1-Multimedia Annotation Tool.pdf 2.59 MB 02/19/15
- ECONNECT-D5.7.1-EOD connector - Documentation and final prototype.pdf 1.9 MB 02/19/15