ECLAP Major objectives
- Bring together Europe’s most relevant performing arts content, content never before accessible via the Internet, coming from major institutions; performing art material coming from theatre, dance, music, cinema and film, …: representing performances, lessons, master classes, teaching material, etc., in the forms of videos, audio, documents, images, animations, playlists, annotations, interactive content, etc.; available through ECLAP portal and published on Europeana;
- Create a stable and open best practice network of European performing art institutions, to help them to exploit digital content and to talk about new technologies and tools;
- Providing solutions and services to major performing arts institutions such as: content ingestion, metadata enrichment, content distribution, content aggregation into Europeana, IPR management, content channel visibility, play lists, annotations, multilingual semantic/fuzzy search queries, partner/colleague search, …;
- Provide solutions and services for a variety of users: teachers, students, performers, researchers, and performing arts lovers for edutainment, infotainment and entertainment.
to registered users and partners many functionalities and facilities, such as:
- Search, retrieve extensive high quality multilingual content;
- access and play a large range of cross media content from video to e-books
- Enrich and contextualize, annotate, aggregate content;
- Upload and share multilingual content, get them indexed with the others;
- content and tools for mobiles
- Comment, annotate, rate and vote on content;
- create non linear story and annotations by using MyStoryPlayer;
- Register and networking with others users and institutions;
- refer to ECLAP content from your portals
- Create discussion groups and forums;
- create playlist, collections and annotations.
- e-learning support, create and distribute courses;
- Upload digital resources for professional and User Generated Content;
- Use tools to manage and define IPR issues and accesses;
- distribution and access all content via different devices such as PCs, tablets and smartphones.
- ingestion and publication of metadata to Europeana, to conquer more visibility at your content.
- usage and exploitation of e-learning facilities.
- statistical analysis
- Workshops and events
ECLAP is establishing a set of best practice guidelines covering performing art key areas, such as metadata and content modelling, mapping metadata standards, semantic enrichment, IPR management tools, business models, ingestion and integration of end-user contributions, education and leisure tools, digital libraries tools. To this end, ECLAP work is going to organize international workshops, conferences, via a number of working groups. The ECLAP also supports clustering between several projects identified by the European Commision: ECLAP will place at their disposal all solutions and analyses performed, as well as procedures for transcoding metadata and content, and all the experience and codes to replicate ECLAP solutions.