ASSETS’ work has been divided into three Streams:
- Stream 1: Management and Networking
- Stream 2: Foundation
- Stream 3: Content and Users
STREAM 1 - Management and Networking
Aims at assuring all the necessary activities for:
- coordinating all administrative and financial tasks;
- disseminating information on the project and its progress, building a community for networking activities and drawing the business plan that will ensure the future sustainability of the ASSETS outcomes.
STREAM 2 - Foundation for the design and implementation of ASSETS platform and services.
The activities within this stream are aimed at:
- Making sure that the provided services are interoperable with Europeana;
- Allowing metadata normalization, cleaning and mapping;
- Improving multimedia content retrieval;
- Preparing ground for digital preservation;
- Deploying all services both on ASSETS platform as well as in the framework of Europeana;
- Improving the user experience through browsing and visual interfaces.
STREAM 3 - Content and Users
- Adequate content is made available for testing the new services and environment (apart from the existing Europeana content);
- A continuous evaluation of the services and platform by real users is guaranteed;
- Community building services are adequately integrated to involve real users in the content lifecycle.