Become a Data Provider
Could your organisation be part of the Europeana story? If you’re a European cultural institution with a digital collection we’d like to hear from you.
Here at Europeana we’re committed to bringing Europe’s cultural riches to a wider audience.
We’ve built the world’s largest collection of Europe’s cultural heritage data. But we haven’t done it alone. More than 3,000 libraries, archives and museums have connected their digital collections to Europeana, to make them globally available.
Not sure? Here are some powerful reasons for connecting with Europeana:
Together we can transform the impact of your collections
- Take your collections to where your users are – on blogs, social media and Wikipedia
- Provide richer context and increase the visibility of your collections
- Make your collections available for reuse by other services
We’ve built up a valuable skillset and we’re keen to share
- Key into a great source of help and expertise on data modelling
- Get advice on copyright issues and how to pick the right licence
- Access usage analytics for great insights into your own collections and users
Our technical tools are all open source
- Open up your collections by linking it up to thousands of other collections
- Make your data more interoperable through the Europeana API
- Improve visibility by uploading your collection to services like Wikimedia Commons
Europeana opens up a valuable network to its partners
- Connect with like-minded industry professionals to solve commons issues
- Identify potential partners and joint funding opportunities
- Reach out to other sectors – creatives, education, tourism and more
Europeana is a not-for-profit organisation funded by the European Commission and the individual Member States. This means that we don’t charge you for our services.
What’s stopping you?
Get in touch. We’ll get back to you within 3 days. In the meantime, find out more about how contributing data to Europeana works with the links below.