Europeana Libraries brought the digital collections of 19 of Europe's leading research libraries to Europeana and The European Library.
The content includes:
- 1,200 film and video clips
- 850,000 images
- 4.3 million texts (books, journal articles, theses, letters)
Europeana Libraries created a valuable resource for scholars and built a robust network of national, university and research libraries, supported by Europe's major research library organisations.
- 5 Million Objects: Digitised books, films and images are freely available online. Subjects range from Oriental manuscripts to Spanish civil war photographs and represent a wide geographical spread that covers the length and breadth of Europe.
- Full-text Indexing: This is the first cultural digitisation project that incorporates full-text indexing and searching capabilities. This creates the potential for in-depth academic study of all texts brought together by Europeana Libraries.
- Representation: Europeana Libraries provided research libraries with a platform to promote their collections to the widest possible audience. It lays the foundation on which a critical mass of research resources can be based.
- Aggregation: This project unites content from several libraries and creates a single channel for contributing library content to Europeana and The European Library. The model is efficient, cost-effective and capable of being extended to research libraries across Europe.
- High Quality Metadata: The quality and structure of library metadata will be improved. This will make online searching more accurate and user-friendly. New features such as timelines and maps will also be supported.
Files in: Deliverables
- 5.2 National Library metadata aligned with the Europeana Data Model.pdf 423.69 kB 12/19/16
- D1.3 Annual report 2011- publishable summary v2.pdf 765.53 kB 12/19/16
- D2.1. Revised governance arrangements for The European Library.pdf 523.83 kB 12/19/16
- D2.2. IPR requirements for full-text delivery.pdf 605.45 kB 12/19/16
- D2.3. Strategy and Business Plan for The European Library 2013-2015.pdf 998.75 kB 12/19/16
- D2.4. A sustainable library-domain aggregation infrastructure for Europe.pdf 600.83 kB 12/19/16
- D3.1 Content Ingestion Plan.pdf 121.49 kB 12/19/16
- D3.2 Research library content available in Europeana.pdf 94.42 kB 12/19/16
- D4 1 Extension-v2.5_1493570.pdf 1.08 MB 12/19/16
- D4.1 Requirements infrastructure and harvester.pdf 1.21 MB 12/19/16
- D4.2 Final version of the library-domain aggregation infrastructure.pdf 138.4 kB 12/19/16
- D4.3 Report on how the full-text content will be made available to European.pdf 377.47 kB 12/19/16
- D4.4 Full-text content delivered to Europeana.pdf 721.94 kB 12/19/16
- D5.1 Alignment of library metadata.pdf 1.36 MB 12/19/16
- D6.2 Stakeholders communication plan.pdf 305.78 kB 12/19/16
- D6.3 A redesigned and relaunched portal for The European Library.pdf 3 MB 12/19/16
- D6.4 End-user communications plan.pdf 382.13 kB 12/19/16
- D6.5 TEL Handbook_972839.pdf 1.42 MB 12/19/16
- D6.6 Final Report of Communication and Dissemination Activities.pdf 1.05 MB 12/19/16
- Europeana Libraries logo.jpg 8.23 kB 12/19/16