Europeana Food and Drink
Europeana Food and Drink focusing on the subject of Europe’s food and drink culture promotes the wider re-use of the digital cultural resources available through Europeana by the Creative Industries to boost creativity and business development across Europ
Europeana Food and Drink is a Best Practice Network under 'Objective 2.1 Europeana and creativity b) Promoting the use of Europeana by creative industries' of the ICT Policy Support Programme.
The objective of Europeana Food and Drink is to promote the wider re-use of the digital cultural resources available through Europeana by the Creative Industries to boost creativity and business development across Europe. In order to provide a strong thematic identity which will connect the public, Creative Industries and the culture sector, Europeana Food and Drink focuses on the subject of Europe’s food and drink culture, with a specific emphasis on 3 themes:
- My Food and Drink Life –focusing on the personal and domestic aspects of food and drink;
- Food and Drink in the Community –focusing on the social and community aspects of food and drink;
- The Food and Drink Industry - focusing on the cultivation, manufacture, production and distribution of food and drink.
Europeana Food and Drink will achieve its objectives by:
- Discovering, preparering, licensing and uploading 50,000-70,000 unique high-quality digital assets and their associated metadata to Europeana;
- Engaging the general public, retailers and distributors in campaigns and in piloting and crowding activities to encourage them to share and make use of food- and drink related content; Working with creative industry partners to develop a suite of innovative creative and commercial applications;
- Enhancing unique ideas via Open Innovation Challenges and extending the Europeana Open Labs network; Developing and sharing new knowledge, understanding and guidance on successful public/private partnerships focused on digital cultural content.