The Deutsches Filminstitut, coordinator of the European film digitisation project about the First World War, EFG1914, and its European partners welcome the appreciation of their work by the United Nations
This year marks the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of World War One. And today Greece launches its participation in Europeana 1914-1918, a unique online European WW1 project to collect, digitise and share worldwide personal and family memorabilia and stories of the conflict.
Tired of just looking at paintings? Now it's time to get inside them!
The 25th anniversary of the revolutionary events that significantly reshaped the image of Europe will be observed this year. All Hungarians are invited to share their experiences, stories, photographs and memorabilia of the fall of the Iron Curtain and contribute to project ‘Europeana 1989'.
Welcome to Europeana Professional, where librarians, curators and archivists share digital expertise.
Who We Are
The Europeana Foundation is the operator of the Europeana service, including the search portal at Europeana.eu and related data services such as the Europeana Application Programming Interface (API) and the Linked Open Data pilot. The Foundation is governed by an Executive Committee and Board, and employs full-time and part-time staff.
The Europeana Network is an open, expert forum comprising content holders and aggregators along with providers of technical, legal and strategic knowledge.
What We Do
- Aggregate – We are building the open, trusted source for European cultural content
- Facilitate – We support the cultural heritage sector through knowledge transfer, innovation and advocacy
- Distribute – We make heritage available to people wherever they are, whenever they want it
- Engage – We cultivate new ways for people to participate in their cultural heritage
- Europeana Professional is the common website for Europeana projects, reaching cultural heritage professionals and technologists. It is the official source for technical information, metadata standards and case studies, and also brings together all project work.
- The Europeana portal is our search engine for the digitised collections of museums, libraries, archives and galleries across Europe.
- Our Virtual Exhibitions feature highlights from our collection.
- The Europeana 1914-1918 project brings together community-contributed content from the time of World War One.